IT Help Desk Agent
This position requires handling a full range of tasks, including answering client phone calls, troubleshooting technical problems, coordinating technical service and maintaining the service database. As users are calling with technical issues, this unique position is ideal for someone who has strong customer service and organizational skills and would like to build their technical skills.
- Provide technical support and assistance for incoming incidents and requests related to computer systems, applications, and hardware.
- Provide technical support to users through phone, remote desktop, and email support.
- Create and monitor progress for each service ticket and escalating as necessary to team members, vendors and/or 3rd party technical support providers.
- Work with users to clarify information and set proper expectations.
- Report any quality-related or client-related issues to management.
- Foster a team approach to meeting objectives of our clients.
- Assist with department re-engineering efforts to increase efficiencies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements for this full-time position include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows XP, 7, Server 2008 along with Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013 suite including Outlook/Exchange email services).
- Maintenance of one of the following certifications: Comp TIA A+, Network+, Security+.
- Multiple years of IT support experience.
- Great written and verbal communication skills. Must be personable and good on the telephone.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Some college coursework required, degree preferred.
- Must be a team player.
- Network technologies, including cabling topologies, firewalls, routers, switches, and interconnecting LAN/WAN communication protocols (including Ethernet), along with VPN & RDP experience.
- Working knowledge of virtual desktop client operations
- MCP, Net+, Sec+, MCSA/CCNA certifications are a plus.
This is a full time position with a growing company. We encourage both professional and personal growth in a friendly, business casual working environment. Company sponsored employee events. Service based bonuses. Health, Vision and Dental insurance benefits, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, certification reimbursement.