IT Support Agent
We are an established IT managed service provider looking for a quick-thinking, friendly, problem-solver to join our team as a support agent. This position requires handling a range of remote and onsite work associated with setups and tier I maintenance for enterprise workstations. Our “Can Do” associates are asked to handle issues such as desktop/laptop setups, peripheral maintenance, networked printer configurations, line-of-business software problems, and more. This is great position to get your IT career started!
- Manage deployment for enterprise-level workstations and tablets.
- Provide technical support and assistance for incoming incidents and requests related to computer hardware and applications.
- Create and monitor progress for each service ticket and escalating as necessary to team members, vendors and/or 3rd party technical support providers.
- Work with users to clarify information and set proper expectations.
- Report any quality-related or client-related issues to management.
- Foster a team approach to meeting objectives of our clients.
- Assist with department re-engineering efforts to increase efficiencies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements for this full-time position include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7/8, Server 2008/2012 along with Office 2010 & 2013 suite including Outlook/Exchange email services).
- Maintenance of one of the following certifications: Comp TIA A+, Network+, Security+.
- One year of IT support experience, whether paid or unpaid.
- Great written and verbal communication skills. Must be personable and good on the telephone.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Some college coursework required, degree preferred.
- Must be a team player.
- Hands-on experience with Windows 2008/2012 Servers, Windows 7/8/10 including maintenance and support.
- Network technologies, including cabling topologies, firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, and interconnecting LAN/WAN communication protocols • MCP, Net+, Sec+, MCSA certifications are preferred but not necessary.
- Certifications: Microsoft/Cisco; CCNA/CCDA is a plus
This is a full time position with a growing company. We encourage both professional and personal growth in a friendly, business casual working environment. Company sponsored employee events. Service based bonuses. Health, Vision and Dental insurance benefits, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, certification reimbursement.