MSP Systems Engineer
Progressive New Orleans based IT firm needs your skills. We are a forward looking, dynamic technology company with a vast array of clients.
The systems engineer provides escalation support to clients either remotely or onsite. The systems engineer’s primary responsibility is to respond to service and project tickets promptly and professionally and should be able to handle virtually any technical issue for clients under 100 users. The systems engineer should already be a Microsoft Certified IT Professional and should continue to study for and pass a Microsoft, Cisco, or VMware technical exam every quarter.
Requirements for this full-time position include:
- Hands-on experience with Windows 2008/2012 Servers, Windows 7/8/10 including maintenance and support.
- Knowledge of network technologies, including cabling topologies, firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, and interconnecting LAN/WAN communication protocols. MCP, Net+, Sec+, MCSA certifications are preferred but not necessary.
- Certifications: Microsoft/Cisco; CCNA/CCDA is a plus.
- Must be a self-motivated, multi-tasking, proactive individual.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to deal with clients one-on-one via verbal and written communication.
Applicants with networking background are of great interest to us. If you have experience with the following, please highlight it!
- VMware vSphere 5.0 and above or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Firewall installation and configuration with Fortinet, Cisco ASA, or SonicWALL
- WAN/LAN configuration including T1 and MPLS
- Basic knowledge of Cisco/HP router and switch configuration, including VLANs and static routing
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Wireless technologies, including current standards, authentication and authorization
- Site-to-site and SSL client VPNs
- Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp