MSP Systems/Network Engineer
Progressive, New Orleans-based IT firm needs your skills. We are a forward looking, dynamic technology company with a vast array of clients.
We have a position open to join our team as either a systems or network engineer.
The person in this role will combine technical project implementation responsibilities with remote management support of multiple client networks of various sizes and levels of complexity.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, multi-tasking, proactive individual who is already a Microsoft Certified IT Professional. We expect all engineers to continue to study for and pass a Microsoft, Cisco, or VMware technical exam every quarter.
The ideal candidate will have experience with installation, configuration, and support in most, if not all, of the following categories:
- Hands-on experience with Windows 2008/2012 Servers, Windows 7/8/10 including maintenance and support.
- Expert level Microsoft Windows /Active Directory and related services
- Exchange 2007-2016
- VMware vSphere 5.0 and above or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Firewall installation and configuration with Fortinet, Cisco ASA, or SonicWALL
- WAN/LAN configuration including T1 and MPLS
- Basic knowledge of Cisco/HP router and switch configuration, including VLANs and static routing
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Wireless technologies, including current standards, authentication and authorization
- Site-to-site and SSL client VPNs
- Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp
- MCP, Net+, Sec+, MCSA certifications are preferred but not necessary. Microsoft/Cisco; CCNA/CCDA is a plus.